8 Key Takeaways from Renown Business Builder Gary HooverFebruary 10, 2020
Gary has the unique ability to communicate ideas and inspire innovation. His storytelling skills have been honed by over 2000 speeches across the globe for corporate leaders, entrepreneurs, conventions and students. He has led innovation and leadership workshops at corporations ranging from Texas Instruments to the hottest internet and technology startups.
- Be Curious. Answers are rarely where you expect to find them. Study data. Learn every day. Expand the number of subjects you are interested in.
- Study History. You cannot know where you are going unless you know where you are coming from. Study trends and how things change through time. Learn from the successes and failures of the past and past leaders.
- Study Geography. Know where you are at and where others come from. Study what places are rising and falling and why. Travel near and far.
- Be Clear. Avoid acronyms, buzzwords, and jargon. Would your grandparents or a six-year-old understand you?
- Be Consistent. What are your core values and skills? Focus your energies. Do a few things well. Improve every day.
- Serve Others. Above all else, put the customer first. Study people, their interests and behaviors. Make the world a better place through your products and services.
- Be Unique. True to your soul. Do your own research. Make up your own mind. March to your own drummer.
- Be Passionate. Any venture is hard enough. If you do not love what you do, you will be far less likely to succeed.
Join us to hear Gary share his keys to growing and selling numerous successful companies including Hoovers, Inc., a top provider of online business information, bookshop, the first chain of large book superstores, and the like.
Check out this live speaker series event in Minneapolis on February 27, 2020